LAB 9 SKYDIO SKILLS FLIGHT

 It was my first time dealing with skydio drone. I was excited to fly this drone, but the weather was not good to fly this last week. Actually, we went to the turf farm three times to do this lab. when we checked out the weather, it was fine, so we decided to go out but when we started to fly, it started raining out of the blue so we had to pack up and reschedule our flight, unfortunately, It happened the other day. We were able to fly it finally yesterday.


Pre-flight

1. download the turf farm map in advance

2. verify the latest firmware

3. clean the camera lenses

4. identify potential hazards

  • wind(18mph) -max wind resistance is 25mph but we need to care

  • tree, especially branches- skydio can identify the obstacles but it can't identify small objects such as nets and branches, we need to be aware of that and don't need to fly around the tree

5. set flight boundary and height

Flight Maneuvers

I can choose two options when I do RTH. one is absolute height behavior, the other is relative height behavior. skydio will ascend before rth if it is under the specified return height in absolute height behavior and if skydio is above the current position before returning, it will ascend by the specified return height in relative height behavior. 

I also performed panorama skills in this lab. I chose spherical in a panorama setting. I thought I could get a panoramic picture with just this setting but it was not. I should've selected an image I took and chosen save to device to save my panorama directly to my device at the end of my flight

Plus, I performed the orbit skill using a point on the ground in the center of my quadrant as the focus point. I did a clockwise orbit with 18.8 radius first and then I did a counterclockwise orbit with 25 radius. I could change the direction and speed at the bottom of the screen.

There are a lot of cinematic skills in skydio, I chose the motion track at that moment. I selected myself as a motion tracker. skydio successfully followed me after I selected myself. I'd like to the other cinematic skills as well in next flight because we ran out of time.


Post-flight

1. Download all of pictures and videos from my flight using both methods

2. Transfer to phone

3. transfer to PC(the first way is taking out  the micro sd card, plug micro sd card into the reader , connect the card reader to computer and the other way is connect skydio to computer directly with the usb-c cable)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final project(UAS data mapping mission)

Volumetric analysis with UAS Data

Performing Line of Sight Analysis by Esri