Indoor Search and Rescue Operations

Instructions:

·        Check out Skydio 2+ and safety vest from dispatch (Everyone must have a safety vest).

·        Drive to 2112 Beck Lane, Lafayette, IN, 47909.

·        Upon arrival, set up the Skydio 2+ and walk around the perimeter of the building and the inside of the building to get a better understanding of the environment that you will be flying.

o   What potential hazards do you see?

I could find the basketball nets. skydio 2 + ai obstacle avoidance can’t work on the nets.

·        Anyone who is not flying will be simulating either a hostage or a combatant and will be placed throughout the building. HOSTAGES will be wearing civilian clothes and COMBATANTS will be wearing safety vests.

·        When instructed, the pilot will takeoff from outside of the building and fly the Skydio 2+ throughout the building, taking pictures and documenting the locations of any individuals that are seen.

o   How many hostages were inside the building? Combatants?

I found 3 hostages and 3 combatants.

 

·        Throughout the mission, the pilot will remain outside and the visual observer will walk alongside the Skydio 2+ ensuring that the operation is safe. The two will communicate via telephone.

·        Once the entire building is surveilled, the pilot will return the Skydio 2+ to the takeoff point for landing.


It was my first time flying indoors beyond the line of sight. I was a little nervous even though I trusted, VO and Skydio 2 + Ai obstacle avoidance. When I passed the main entrance and captured the first hostages and combatants with my VO, I started feeling better, and I was also getting confidence of this mission. But there was an issue when we did a mission. When we I started flying, my VO broke up. I couldn’t understand what she talked about while I flew, so I had to mainly trust the screen.

There were many people in the lab, and we had to fly right after this mission. so, we didn’t have enough time to set up for the mission. If I have enough time before the lab next time, I will spend more time to set up for the mission such as clear communication with VO and potential hazards.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final project(UAS data mapping mission)

Volumetric analysis with UAS Data

Performing Line of Sight Analysis by Esri