Building map with UAS data

Orthomosaic, DSM, DEM

DSM stands for digital surface model and DEM stands for digital elevation model. The main difference lies in the content I captured. DSMs include all surface features (both natural and artificial), while DEMs specifically focus on representing the elevation of the bare Earth's surface,

When using the swipe tool to compare orthomosaic and DSM, I could notice how the orthomosaic aligns with the underlying terrain features depicted in the shaded relief of the DSM. The orthomosaic and the shaded relief of the DSM provide different perspectives of the same area. The orthomosaic will show the actual visual appearance of the landscape, including objects, buildings, roads, etc., while the DSM shaded relief will reveal the underlying elevation variations that influence the terrain's appearance in the orthomosaic.


Building the map with UAS data

 I made three types of the map(shaded DSM with transparent DSM on top, orthomosaic map and orthomosaic map with a reference grid based on UAS data(Wolfpaving_X5). I included  North Arrow, Scale Bar, Locator Map, watermark, metadata.


Shaded DSM with transparent DSM on top.

        I included north arrow, scale bar, locator map inset showing the location of Wolf Paving within the state of Wisconsin, watermark and metadata on this map.

i i 



Orthomosaic 

        In orthomosaic map I didn't need a locator map but I needed to have a locator that shows the location of each GCP as a point. and then I put a detailed zoomed in inset for each of those points.


Orthomosaic with a reference greed

        I added the reference greed to orthomosaic map that I made










D











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final project(UAS data mapping mission)

Volumetric analysis with UAS Data

Performing Line of Sight Analysis by Esri